Early summer garden and lawn maintenance is very important for making your garden the flourishing, delightful space that you want it to be – here are some of the most important tasks to handle in June:
– Treatment with fungicides and fertilizers – it is very important to apply fungicides early, before you notice the tiniest sign of disease and June is also the best time to treat your soil to replenish its nutrient supplies, look for the best lawn care products;
– Weed all areas – weeds steal the nutrients and the moisture so much needed by your precious plants and they occupy valuable space as well, so they have no place in your garden;
– Prepare the soil for your veggies – dig up the soil, then break up large lumps and remove the weeds;
– Check for insects and other lawn pests – ants, ticks and fleas can be efficiently kept away if you use the right, green, sustainable insect repellents;
– Deadheading – many flowers have completed their blooming cycle by June, so clean them to allow the stems to grow and to become stronger or to facilitate re-blooming;
– Water the lawn sufficiently – water early in the morning to give your lawn time to dry by the time the cooler temperatures in the evening come.