If you look online, you’ll find that many people consider magnesium chloride to be an effective treatment for plants. Magnesium has long been known to be the so-called “secret powerhouse” behind photosynthesis due to its role played in this extremely important process used by plants. However, as in the case of other chemical substances, magnesium chloride is actually quite toxic, and if used in high concentration, it can even kill your plants.
Magnesium chloride, also known as rock salt, is used by some people to remove ice from lawns. However, even though it does the trick, this substance is actually very dangerous. Aside from being toxic for humans in large doses, it can also act as poison for plants.
In smaller concentrations, magnesium chloride is considered to be less harmful. However, experts have proven that over longer use, even smaller amounts can cause a lot of problems, while large amounts are lethal to your plants and lawn.
Even if magnesium chloride products are not that expensive, experts urge that homeowners and gardeners avoid them. The alternative might lead to your lawn being severely affected, especially during the winter when the elements will make it more fragile and it will need more support and care than during other times of the year. For organic lawn care and repair try https://www.revive.com/products/ready-spray-liquid.