Lawn mower care can be quite a challenging task. If you never owned a lawn mower before, you might think that it’s easy. However, most experts will tell you that you’ll have to think carefully about the various lawn mower care and maintenance tasks that you have to perform:
- Lawn mowers are very similar to cars in that they possess a motor or an engine that needs maintenance. For most engines, the most common maintenance activity you have to consider is to change the oil.
- The fuel system of most lawn mowers requires fuel stabilizer. Add it on a regular basis, and make sure you remove all the fuel from the mower before filling it up again, if you haven’t used it for more than 30 days.
- Occasionally, certain components have to be replaced. The spark plug and the air filter are both good examples. For the air filter, you might just have to clean it in most cases, but occasional replacement will be needed as well.
- The lawn mower blades need to be kept sharp and balanced. Otherwise, you can easily damage your lawn whenever you use the lawn mower.
- Keep the mower as clean as possible. This is the most straightforward of all the tips, but also probably the most important, and it’s good to note that Spring time is around the corner and a good application of the best lawn fertilizer you can find should be applied to keep your lawn looking its best.